See ad below, or click here to read more!
Read article below, or click here to see promotional ad.
How would you feel about me giving you some money? I’m sure you’d love that, but I’m not gonna; I’m mean like that sometimes. Ok, so maybe I wouldn’t be able to give you any of my money especially since I have a family to provide for (including one that is on the way!), but I can still SAVE you some $$$. If you don’t love saving money, then I actually don’t know whether to applaud you or just take all your money – I would replace it with a nice gazebo or pergola, of course. After all, the Bible does say “the love of money is the root of all evil” (1 Timothy 6:10).
Wouldn’t it be nice, though, if you could go into places knowing that you would save some money? How about a few hundred dollars? I don’t know about you but I usually go to where the sales are! I don’t like going to places to shop if I know I won’t save any money and I’m sure you can relate. If you come to Hometown Structures I can guarantee you that we will save you some money. Or if you are anti-social and just don’t enjoy talking to nice people like us then you could visit us at www.hometownstructures.com but I can almost promise you we don’t bite (I can only speak for myself here though I am not at all sure about my co-workers). Speaking of which, how about a bite to eat?
Once again we are offering free food. Don’t come just for that, though. At least say “hi” and play on the bounce house and playsets with us. I’m sure we’ll become best of friends after that. And if you don’t come then here’s what you’ll be missing out on:
- Free food! We will be serving refreshments on Thursday and Friday (May 5 & 6), and a pancake breakfast on Saturday (May 7) from 9am until 2pm.
Come and join us at Hometown Structures on May 5-7. We will have all of the things mentioned above and I promise you that you will meet some of the nicest people around. The world needs more love – don’t you agree? And since we all like free stuff, I’ll even throw in a FREE hug – that’s right, FREE hugs! Now I know what you’re thinking “how could these people afford to give away free hugs and be nice at the same time?” It’s fairly simple actually, our niceness and customer satisfaction meter just fills up so quickly and in turn we are able to give away hugs at no cost to us.
And if you don’t want the hug, that’s ok too. We have plenty of products for you to choose from. We’ll be featuring products from our vendors which are all from Pennsylvania. Items such as gazebos, pergolas, pavilions, playsets, furniture and even chicken coops.
- Gazebos: Great for just relaxing outside either by yourself or with friends. Add the Screen package and it’s a perfect way to hang out outside in the evening while keeping bugs away.
So whether you are sure you are in the market for one of our outdoor-living showcase products or not-so-sure, stop in. Even if you’re not in the market for something, one of our salesmen can answer any questions you may have for when you decide is a good time. So swing by Hometown Structures, have some refreshments, and chat with us. We can’t guarantee that we will not try to sell you something but I can guarantee that your visit will be worth it!
Gazebo! I don’t know about you but I think gazebo is a FUN word to say. I almost feel like dancing anytime I say it. Then again maybe most of you aren’t as strange as I am and that’s ok, I just feel bad for you. So what do you know about gazebos? If you have seen what a gazebo looks like then you can tell just by looking at it that it is a destination awaiting your arrival which offers great relaxation and peace, away from annoying people and such. Not only that, but it’s almost like love-at-first-sight when you look at a gazebo; its elegance and beauty just draws you to it. There’s no doubt that gazebos, even just the word itself, is shrouded in mystery; who doesn’t like mystery?
Gazebos. A mixture of beauty, elegance, mystery, relaxation and style. Such a vast description, even its origin remains an enigma until this day. In fact, the word “gazebo” has an unknown origin and has no cognates in European languages. False etymologies include the french phrase Que c’est beau (how beautiful) and Macaronic Latin gazebo (I shall gaze). If you haven’t realized this already you should know that I’m going to give you a brief history of the gazebo. History’s fun!! Right?? I don’t know what your answer is but I’m gonna go ahead and give you a brief history anyways.
The Chinese Connection
So etymologists make an educated guess that the named structure, taking the ending -ebo from latin future tense and adding it to -gaze, so making a hybrid word that might mean “I will look”. Others assume that it is actually of oriental origin, if it is, no one has found its source.
- While flourishing in the East around the 10th century, China’s gazebos were also quite elaborate.
- Around the 1700’s England and other parts of Europe got caught up in the craze of chinese-style summer houses-popping up in gardens everywhere.
- This very fad led to the word “gazebo”- It entered the vocabulary in a 1752 book by William Halfpenny called “New Designs for Chinese Temples”.
Gotta Have It!!
Like anything else, royalty were the first to have these beautiful structures a little over 5000 years ago in Egyptian gardens.
In the 14th century France had four gazebos built at the louvre (one of the world’s largest museums)
- Much like the french fry and french bread, the french style of gazebos influenced those in many other countries including England and other parts of Europe (I know nothing about the history of french fries or french bread, by the way, I’m just really hungry!).
Gazebos actually did not gain popularity in America until mid 1800’s with the prosperity of the new middle class.
Gazebos were also a status symbol, though they fell out of favor for a bit and returned again in the 1930’s (just like most things in the United States huh?).
Ready for a trip down memory lane? Here is a list of other things that went out of style and have no business making a comeback. Slap bracelets, skirt over pants, stick on earrings, The popcorn shirt, Fanny packs, patterned wind breakers, toe rings, flare jeans, Huge earrings, jellies, bleached hair on men, scrunchies, turtlenecks, sweater around shoulders, shoulder pads, popped collar, bowl cuts, and the phrase “ugh, as if”.
If any of these brought back fond memories for you then I am happy that I could help with that, but please I beg you, do not bring these back.
- Gazebos are so much nicer to look at and serve a better purpose than any of these other trends. As houses were being built with grand porches there was no denying the advantage of having to retreat to a separate place, away from the household chaos.
- In the 1940’s patios came into fashion and edged out gazebos for a while but sometime around the 80’s the gazebo came back with a vengeance.
- Today they are SPRINGING UP in homes and gardens all over the country. Adaptable to the whims of the designer, they can be round, square, octagonal, or rectangular, small or large, ornate or plain, elegant or rustic.
Gazebos of Today
- The wooden gazebos are made from pine and can be stained to your preference of 6 different colors.
- The vinyl gazebo is a pressure treated southern yellow pine covered with vinyl.
- Vinyl gazebos have two options for colors, white or ivory.
- Both of these are hand crafted to your specifications and have real roofs just like the pavilions.
- Choose from octagon, oval, rectangle, or even dodecagon.
- Gazebos are especially great for keeping mosquito out with optional screens.
- Want a ceiling fan or light in the gazebo?? We can install an electrical package for that.
- Most importantly these are made in the USA!
Choose Your Style
If you seem to have a lot of time on your hands and are one of those do it yourself kind of person who puts people like me to shame then perhaps the do it yourself approach would be good for you. We can deliver your gazebo fully assembled or just give you the kit for you to do it yourself (well, not for free, but you know what I mean).
I myself dream of owning a beautiful gazebo one of these days. There are many different things one can do to add comfort to a gazebo but I would put a nice hammock in there just to read and relax with a “do not disturb” sign. My wife would not go for this, of course, and I do not read much, but hey I did say that it is a dream.
Seriously though, a gazebo can serve many purposes. Busy gardening? Put the kids in there while you handle your business, this will serve as a great toy room for the time being, especially for toddlers. Protected by warranty, our local company will take care of you along with your other needs as far as building the gazebo is concerned. So whether you want to stay out of the rain and dry under a gazebo or just want to get out of the sun and eat some lunch with friends or family we can help you obtain the gazebo of your dreams (at least someone’s dreams will come true).
Or maybe your dream is the biggest dream of them all, marriage. What a gorgeous backdrop a gazebo would make for weddings or special events. So whether you just want to relax, enjoy the weather, get away from bugs or kids, want a gazebo to be part of the wedding of your dreams, we are here to meet your needs. Come check us out at Hometown Structures or visit our website www.hometownstructures.com
“Friendly craftsmen exceeding expectations every day!”
Why can’t everything come easy? Well I’m sure that if that were the case we would all become lazy, right? There is a difference though between easy and convenient. Easy involves little to no effort while convenience is more suited towards fitting a person’s needs. Speaking of which, you absolutely NEED to buy a shed! I’m just kidding, I won’t coerce you into buying one, not just yet anyways.
Seriously though, think about how convenient owning a shed would be. If you have no idea how then no worries, I have compiled a list of why an awesome Shed from Hometown Structures might be convenient to you. I suppose you could go somewhere else to buy a shed but then you’d be losing out on the greatest customer service and best product around. Besides, who doesn’t enjoy talking to friendly people?
But if you really need more reasons to buy a shed then here you go:
- Ladies, it’s like a dog house for your husband!! The shed can be turned into a workshop and more than likely that husband of yours will be out of your hair and in his shed, probably making something for you!! If that’s not a double whammy than I don’t know what is!
- Husbands, how much do you love your wife? How about getting her a “She Shed”? A perfect place for her to keep whatever it is that she wants in there, and I mean whatever, don’t you question her!! “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it” (Ephesians 5:25).
- How about a customized little house for the kids (or the in laws)? This will last far far longer than any of those cheap plastic ones and I’m sure the kids would think it would be so cool if it were a replica of your house! I mean,the in laws might not be pleased with the new spare room/house but that’s ok right? (be sure they have plenty of blankets!)
Perhaps you are content with having your spouse bug you and just need the extra storage space. Sheds can be customized to your needs and specifications. No size is too small or too big. Need an actual dog house, we build those too (note to wives: husbands will not fit in these)!
“there is no reason that the universe should be designed for our convenience”
This is a great quote, doesn’t say anything about a shed though!!
- Even if you have a garage, space is very limited. Also, you wouldn’t want anything getting in the way or scratching up your nice Ferrari! Honestly though, who enjoys clutter? Even having a small shed would make things so much more convenient! You could move anything that’s not a car into a shed and not worry about having things in the way.
- Or maybe you have everything in your basement or attic anyways and have all the space you need. But what a hassle it is once spring and summer come around and you have everything you’ll need in the basement or attic. Rather than having to go up and down those stairs to get your supplies for gardening, lawn care, pool maintenance, or even just the kids toys, why not just have it all in a shed right in your backyard? (unless of course this is the only form of exercise you look forward to every spring and summer)
- Even worse is if you have everything in storage. Why pay a monthly fee to storage company and risk possibly losing all your belongings? We offer Rent-to-Own and/or 0% financing for 6 months. We can pretty much offer the same service, your possessions can stay close to you, and at the end of it the shed is yours!! No worries, we’ll take good care of your money as if it were our own.
If any of these reasons to own a shed sound appealing to you then stop in and speak with one of us! Even if you just want to chat we are here, bring some Mrs. Murphy’s donuts if you feel the need. Just a heads up though, if you come just to chat you might leave with a chicken-coop even though you may not have any chickens. Yes, we’re that good.
Stop by Hometown Structures today.
Do you like FREE food? Silly question I know. Join us for some hamburgers and hot dogs at Hometown Structures on March 31, April 1 & 2. Bring your kids! There will be bounce houses and playsets for the children (or adults) to play in. Spring is here, so while you’re visiting why not check out some of our products that are sure to make you the talk of your neighborhood, in a good way of course!
If this spring and summer you are planning on being surrounded by those you love most, we’d love to help you make the best of that time by creating memories. Our structures would be perfect for a family picnic or that family reunion that everyone has been waiting for. A picture is worth a thousand words! Imagine how beautiful pictures would turn out under a pavilion or pergola.
Thinking about what would make your yard a more attractive place to hang out in? Check out our pergolas. These things are beautiful, and, no, I’m not just saying that. Come and see for yourself what it is that I’m talking about!
Gazebos are perfect for the springtime and summer weather. Screened in gazebos keep out all those annoying bugs while allowing you to enjoy a beautiful day or night with friends or family.
Gonna start gardening this spring? Buy a shed that will store all your tools and such. We customize to your specifications and needs.
And if at the end of the day you decide that you are just having way too much fun on one of our playsets you can always say that you’re buying it for the kids, after all most of us have an inner child to please don’t we?
So whether you’re looking to relax on your hammock in your gazebo or want to show off your new beautiful pergola to everyone let us help you create those fond memories with one of our structures or playsets.
Come visit us at Hometown Structures!